Signature Entertainment Group, Management Division is an artist management company based out of Lancaster, PA.
What does an indie artist manager do?
In an overarching sense, the manager is the biggest advocate and advisor to the artist/band, helping them make many decisions in their career. Below is a list of the many hats a manager has to wear:
- Help the artist define and achieve their goals
- Establish band image
- Be the business negotiator and initiator for the artist
- Bookkeeper/Financial advisor for the artist
- Marketing assistant (advertising, promotions, web presence)
- Give musical feedback to songs and recordings (often the album producer)
- Coordinate merchandise design/distribution
- Writer for bios, websites, contracts, etc.
- Negotiate all contracts
- Makes sure that songs are published correctly and then royalties are being paid
- Manufacturing/Distribution/Radio Promotion/Booking/Merch knowledge
- Finds a booking agent to book a tour
- Challenges the artist creatively and musically
- Build a team around the artist, including:
- Designers for merchandise
- Designers for graphics
- Designers for web (including your own URL, myspace, facebook/iLike, virb, purevolume, last.fm, reverbnation, imeem, youtube, gmail, etc.)
- Studio engineer/producer
- Removing/replacing band members
- Booking agent
- Online store agent
- Printing/Distribution of albums
It is key to note that many of these services are not provided by major management companies, but because our artists are not signed to a record label, almost everything falls in the lap of the artist manager. Our primary artist manager, Jonathan “Siggy” Sigmon, has experience in all of these areas.
Interested in becoming an artist signed to Signature Entertainment?
Contact info @ signatureentertainmentgroup.com (no spaces).